Monday 3 February 2014

Product Review - Hair Honey


Over the last few weeks, I’ve revisited a product that I used back in my transitioning days, it is Kynk Naturals, Hair Honey.

I purchased the Hair Honey from Noah’s health food store, but it is also available on their website, http://www.kynk.ca.

How to use (as quoted from Kynk Naturals):
A conditioning treatment that improves you hair’s strength and flexibility. Apply Hair Honey to clean wet hair to help ease tangles when combing. Hair Honey can also be used to reinforce hair ends when styling especially with braids & twists. For the not -so -intense kynks but severe dryness issues, saturate dry hair and wrap head & hair in a (not too) hot towel. Then wash as usual. Use Hair Honey as needed on natural or treated hair.

Ingredients:
Persea Gratissima (Apricot Kernel), Prunus armeniaca (Avocado), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), Cera alba (Beeswax), Melaleuca Alterfernolia (Tea Tree), d-alpha tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Ribes nigrum (Black Currant aroma), Oleoresin Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary), Petroselinum sativum (Parsley), Thymus vulgaris (Thyme), & love (Agape).


My thoughts: 
Now that I’m 100% Curlie, I find this Hair Honey works better on my hair. It looks honey and has a mild honey and menthol/peppermint scent. The strength of this product is that it is a great for sealing in moisture. I often used it to apply one top of my moisturized hair. Yet for me, the best use of the Hair Honey was adding it to my deep conditioner. It gave my hair a protective coating and I love that.

I may not use it every day because I’m used to fruity and floral scents in my products, yet since all the ingredients used in Kynk Naturals products are all natural, I will keep the Hair Honey on my rooster. I should also mention that the Hair Honey is also has Clean Care's seal of approval for safer beauty & personal care products in Canada. It’s important to note that their mantra is, “If you can't eat it we don't use it!” In essence it makes my hair feel good.

Have you tried this Hair Honey or any of the other Kynk Natural products? Tell me what you think.

Blessings and Curls,


Kim aka B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment