Saturday 2 November 2013

Craving Marley Twists

For the last couple weeks, I have been craving to have Marley Twists installed or something similar to them. I love my curls, but I’m ready for a little change and a break from having to do my hair every day. Here is a great how-to video I found for Marley Twists from My Natural Sistas – it makes me want them even more when I watch it.  



My only problem is I haven’t had extensions in about seven years or so, only because the last time I had them in, my scalp had an attack. My dermatologist friend told me, that many of the hair companies, often package the hair, even human hair with chemicals that many black women are allergic to, but don’t know it. So she wasn’t surprised when I mentioned what happened to me.

Even though my scalp went crazy that one time, it didn’t happen every time I had extensions in the past. So I set on my search for hypoallergenic extension hair. I was pleasantly surprised when I found Prota Hair. On their website they say it’s not human hair, best is made with Ultima, which is a natural hair protein, very close in structure to keratin. That other feature that they mention that really attracts me is this blurb from their website:

“Prota Hair is even better than human hair because it is hypoallergenic, less-tangling, easy to restore, and flame retardant!  For sensitive scalps, Prota Hair is the best option because it is hypoallergenic and always clean and free from harmful bacteria.  And because Prota Hair is made with Ultima Organic Protein, the hair retains moisture so that it is soft and easy to manage.”




I have not purchased the hair yet, but I plan to in the next few weeks. Before I do so, I would love to hear from you. Have any of you used this brand or type of hair?

Blessings and Curls,

Kim aka B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment