Friday 3 February 2012

Review of Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue & Baby Buttercreme


So a few months ago I purchased Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue and Baby Buttercreme on sale at HoneyFig. I thought to myself, this is my chance to try these products. I did some research and I found that Curlies either really loved Miss Jessie’s products or hated them. I actually have mixed feelings about them.
Let’s start with the Curly Meringue:

This product smells delicious. It has a wonderful lemon scent that makes you want to indulge in a lemon tart, if that is your thing. The consistency is thick and creamy. I decided to use it on my freshly washed hair, after applying my leave-in. I made sure my hair was moisturized and somewhat sealed before applying the meringue. God knows I didn’t want any trouble, since there is mineral oil in it.
So I proceeded to use half of a finger-tip amount on each twist. I was very happy with the light hold and shine the product imparted on my hair. It felt soft and healthy.
After untwisting my hair, I was surprisingly very happy with the results. I will definitely use this product again.

Moving on the Baby Buttercreme:
The buttercream smells like vanilla cake, which made me happy. The consistency was very thick and buttery just like the name. I applied the product the same way as I did the Curly Meringue. It went on damp hair nicely and seemed to give it a little shine.  Once the twists dried I unraveled them. When styling and separating my twists I found that my hair felt brittle and dry. Nonetheless I worked with what I got and tried to stay positive. By day two my hair was in rough shape, very frizzy and super dry. On day three, FORGET ABOUT IT!! I slept with my satin head tie as I usually do and found a humongous mess. I was in shock! I would like to say that I did not treat my hair any differently than I do with my other twist-outs, that usually last about five days.
So I was in a little panic and almost late for work. I decided to wet my hair to try to create a puff that appeared moist and shine. It was a TOTAL FAIL. The water only made tons of white residue appear in my hair. I had a small meltdown and then savaged my hair with a few twists in the front and the rest was covered with a bean. Needless to say I will not be using the Baby Buttercream again.

Although, this was product did not work for me, it may have work for you. Tell me about your experience and if you love or hate relationships with Curly Meringue or Baby Buttercreme.



Blessings and Curls,

B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment