Friday 4 November 2011

Faux Hawk Tutorial

I have to say, I’m really happy with the way my hair turned out today. So much so that I had to write about it.

I was rocking a tired six day twist-out that I was refreshing everyday with water, apricot oil and Eco Styler Gel- Argan Oil when needed. It was looking OK, but I was getting bored. Not to mention I like to try new things with my hair the day before wash day, so I’m not committed to the style, incase I don’t like it.

So I woke up with a smooshed fro that was tied down with a silk scarf at night (sorry no pics - it was a hot mess) … lol. Only hair I could love and husband could tolerate in the morning!

I started to tackle it with water that is sometimes mixed with a little bit of oil (whatever natural oil you have on hand is fine). I then seal in my moisture as I start to work my fingers through my hair to get the volume back.

I then took put a generous amount of gel and put it on the front of my hair. Once the curls started to pop I gathered one side (no farther back than my ear) of my hair and secured it with two bobby pins. I repeated this on the other side. When my sides were pinned, it played with the bangs and finger styled them. On a side note: I was so excited to have bangs to play with. My hair is starting to grow Curlies!! yay)

I then continued to finger style the rest of my hair to get the look I was happy with. All that in 5-10 minutes.




Try it and little me know what happens. Or share your favourite lazy style, canadiancurlie2010@gmail.com

Blessings and Curls,
B-Curlie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love the faux hawk! It's hip, but also super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! It was really fun to try, it will definitely go in my styling rotation. You should try it and let me know how it turns out. :-)

    ReplyDelete