Tuesday 20 September 2011

Natural is Beautiful

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to attend the 7th Annual Natural Hair and Beauty Show here in Toronto. I went last year as well and knew I had to go again.



Let me just say that all natural styles are beautiful. I seen so many curlies that my head was spinning. It was so refreshing! Not only did everyone look good, but they also carried themselves with so much pride. It was an amazing group to be around, you definitely felt a connection.

The show featured everything from informative workshops, fashion shows, vendors with products, accessories and t-shirts galore and the food was amazing as well. In general a really good scene to be apart of.

On another note, I seen that there is a real hunger out there for knowledge about afro-textured hair. It's time to soak up as much information as possible about our curls. It's a shame many of us were not exposed to these forums earlier, but we can definitely show the next generation that wearing your hair in it's natural state is not only a viable option, but also incredibly beautiful. Feel free to share your thoughts...

Blessing and Curls,
B-Curlie

1 comment:

  1. I found out about it too late to go this year, but I definitely want to check it out in 2012!

    ReplyDelete